Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Using instant coffee to make a background!!!

Yes you are reading it right.  Instant coffee to make your background for a card, ATC or scrap page.  Sprinkle some instant coffee on some card stock (not too much), spritz it with water and let dry.  That is all you have to do.
I used plain card stock the first time I tried it but used too much coffee and was not happy with the result.   But I did make an ATC with it just to try it out.  My first ATC, they say they become addicting so who knows.
Liked the idea but did not like my handwriting and also the clock stamp.  It was a busy background already and it did not need more.

The cup is a Michael Strong stamp which I embossed en coloured in with distress ink.















Next is an ATC for which a used watercolour paper as the background.  Again I used coffee, just a little, spritzed it and let it dry.  Very important to let it air dry to remove any extra coffee after.  This time I did a bit of a theme and called it my Spring series.  Will have to show the rest later.

I used Perfect Pearls on the butterflies to give the card some 'bling'.  The Spring text was cut out with my Ecraft en the cattails stamp is from Our Daily Bread and the birds from De Stempelwinkel.
















And now for my card.  Again watercolour paper background with the coffee.  Stamped flowers with  Antique Linen distress ink.  A ribbon and a saying and this all mounted on a chocolate coloured background card.


close up of the coffee 'stain' and the background stamping.
Stamps used are from Stampendous - Agapanthus Thank You, saying - Hero Arts.  Ribbon and brown paper???

Hope you enjoyed this coffee technique.  It was a challenge from Kicostamps - http://kicostamps.blogspot.nl/

No comments:

Post a Comment