Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wax Paper Resist

For a challenge we worked with wax paper resist.  I made two backgrounds and the following card is one of them.  It is a birthday card for my son (turning 38 this year).
After I ironed on the 'wax paper resist' on white card stock I coloured it with distress stains, used a template and sprayed with a TH colour wash paint.  I then stamped the 'clock', with VersaMark, again on white card stock and used white embossing powder.  Again I used distress stains to colour in the background and gave it a spray of colour wash again.  I cut the saying with my Ecraft cutter from metallic silver paper.  The inside of the card says:  Happy Birthday!


Now I have to work on my granddaughter's BD card as her birthday is the day before her Dads.

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love the clock theme and also the colors you used!! Fantastic!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura, I was really pleased with the card as well. I made me come 'out of the box' to the cards I normally make.

    ReplyDelete